- Paper submission deadline: October 31, 2017
- Notification of acceptance: January 31, 2018
- Final paper submission deadline: March 7, 2018
- Early registration deadline: March 10, 2018
- Freeway Traffic Control – Track Editor: Claudio Roncoli, Aalto University, Finland, e-mail: email@example.com
- Urban Traffic Control – Track Editor: Jack Haddad, Israel Institute of Technology, Israel, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connected and Automated Vehicles – Track Editor: Dan Work, University of Illinois, USA, e-mail: email@example.com
- Automotive Control – Track Editor: Simona Onori, Clemson University, USA, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Road Traffic Modelling – Track Editor: Paola Goatin, INRIA, Sophia Antipolis, France, e-mail: email@example.com
- Ports, Terminals and Logistic Networks – Track Editor: Mariagrazia Dotoli, Polytechnic University of Bari, Italy, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Decision and Control in Railways – Track Editor: Alfredo Nuñez, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands, e-mail: email@example.com
- Air Traffic Management and Control – Track Editor: Gokhan Inalhan, Istanbul Technical University, Turkey, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Authors are invited to submit draft papers with original results, either on theoretical approaches or on applied research (maximum 8 pages). Such contributions may be of three different types.
- Invited Paper – An in Invited paper is a paper belonging to an Invited Session. To submit an Invited Paper through the PaperPlaza Conference Manuscript Management System, a submission code is required; this code is communicated to the authors by the organizers of the Invited Session.
- Special Track Paper – A Special Track Paper is a paper with topics related to a Special Track. Authors interested in having their paper included in one of the Special Tracks listed above can consider this type of submission. To submit a Special Track Paper through the PaperPlaza Conference Manuscript Management System, a submission code is required; this is the code of the Special Track that can be found above.
- Contributed Paper – This is the standard submission for which no code is required.
The preparation of manuscripts of the three types must comply with IFAC templates and guidelines, that are provided on the IFAC website (https://www.ifac-control.org/events/author-guide). All manuscripts must be electronically submitted through the PaperPlaza Conference Manuscript Management System (https://ifac.papercept.net/conferences/scripts/start.pl).
Final manuscripts must comply with IFAC templates and guidelines, that are provided on the IFAC website (https://www.ifac-control.org/events/author-guide). All manuscripts must be electronically submitted through the PaperPlaza Conference Manuscript Management System (https://ifac.papercept.net/conferences/scripts/start.pl).
Final manuscripts should be 6-page long.
Any page over 6 pages will be charged 100 USD per page, up to a maximum of two extra pages.
IFAC YOUNG AUTHOR AWARD
The IFAC young author award will be granted to a young researcher who presents the paper at the conference as the first author. The author of the paper must be maximum 30 years old at the time of the event.
To apply for the award, it is necessary to submit a nomination within March 28th on PaperPlaza Conference Manuscript Management System by following the link https://ifac.papercept.net/conferences/scripts/start.pl, choose “Submit a contribution to CTS 2018” and then select “Young Author Award Nomination”.
The submission must include the paper number and the support letters by two proposers (to be indicated with their PINs) in a single pdf file to be uploaded. The proposers cannot be authors of the same paper. The submission must be done by one of the proposers.
An award selection committee, appointed by the IPC chair, selects the finalists, on the basis of the nomination letters, the review reports, and the papers. Finalists are informed before the event.
The winner is announced and awarded during the Symposium.
All publication material submitted for presentation at an IFAC-sponsored meeting (Congress, Symposium, Conference, Workshop) must be original and hence cannot be already published, nor can it be under review elsewhere. The authors take responsibility for the material that has been submitted. IFAC-sponsored conferences will abide by the highest standard of ethical behavior in the review process as explained on the Elsevier webpage (https://www.elsevier.com/authors/journal-authors/policies-and-ethics), and the authors will abide by the IFAC publication ethics guidelines (http://www.ifac-control.org/events/organizers-guide/PublicationEthicsGuidelines.pdf/view).
Accepted papers that have been presented at an IFAC meeting will be published in the proceedings of the event using the open-access IFAC-PapersOnLine series hosted on ScienceDirect (http://www.sciencedirect.com). To this end, the author(s) must confer the copyright to IFAC when they submit the final version of the paper through the paper submission process. The author(s) retain the right to use a copy of the paper for personal use, internal institutional use at the author(s)’ institution, or scholarly posting at an open web site operated by the author(s) or their institution, limited to noncommercial use. Any other use of the paper requires approval by IFAC.