- Paper submission deadline: October 31, 2017
- Notification of acceptance: January 31, 2018
- Final paper submission and early registration deadline: February 28, 2018
- Freeway Traffic Control – Track Editor: Claudio Roncoli, Aalto University, Finland, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org – Submission code: trr92
- Urban Traffic Control – Track Editor: Jack Haddad, Israel Institute of Technology, Israel, e-mail: email@example.com – Submission code: 71dj4
- Connected and Automated Vehicles – Track Editor: Dan Work, University of Illinois, USA, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org – Submission code: 89hbg
- Automotive Control – Track Editor: Simona Onori, Clemson University, USA, e-mail: email@example.com – Submission code: 58am6
- Road Traffic Modelling – Track Editor: Paola Goatin, INRIA, Sophia Antipolis, France, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org – Submission code: 54mmb
- Ports, Terminals and Logistic Networks – Track Editor: Mariagrazia Dotoli, Polytechnic University of Bari, Italy, e-mail: email@example.com – Submission code: 2r2ta
- Decision and Control in Railways – Track Editor: Alfredo Nuñez, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org – Submission code: 2f7jt
- Air Traffic Management and Control – Track Editor: Gokhan Inalhan, Istanbul Technical University, Turkey, e-mail: email@example.com – Submission code: 98b53
Authors are invited to submit draft papers with original results, either on theoretical approaches or on applied research. Such contributions may be of three different types.
- Invited Paper – An in Invited paper is a paper belonging to an Invited Session. To submit an Invited Paper through the PaperPlaza Conference Manuscript Management System, a submission code is required; this code is communicated to the authors by the organizers of the Invited Session.
- Special Track Paper – A Special Track Paper is a paper with topics related to a Special Track. Authors interested in having their paper included in one of the Special Tracks listed above can consider this type of submission. To submit a Special Track Paper through the PaperPlaza Conference Manuscript Management System, a submission code is required; this is the code of the Special Track that can be found above.
- Contributed Paper – This is the standard submission for which no code is required.
The preparation of manuscripts of the three types must comply with IFAC templates and guidelines, that are provided on the IFAC website (https://www.ifac-control.org/events/author-guide). All manuscripts must be electronically submitted through the PaperPlaza Conference Manuscript Management System (https://ifac.papercept.net/conferences/scripts/start.pl).
Final manuscripts of all types will be limited to six double-column pages.
IFAC Young Author Award
The best paper award will be granted to a young researcher who presents the paper at the conference as the first author. The author of the paper must be max 30 years old at the time of the event.
All publication material submitted for presentation at an IFAC-sponsored meeting (Congress, Symposium, Conference, Workshop) must be original and hence cannot be already published, nor can it be under review elsewhere. The authors take responsibility for the material that has been submitted. IFAC-sponsored conferences will abide by the highest standard of ethical behavior in the review process as explained on the Elsevier webpage (https://www.elsevier.com/authors/journal-authors/policies-and-ethics), and the authors will abide by the IFAC publication ethics guidelines (http://www.ifac-control.org/events/organizers-guide/PublicationEthicsGuidelines.pdf/view).
Accepted papers that have been presented at an IFAC meeting will be published in the proceedings of the event using the open-access IFAC-PapersOnLine series hosted on ScienceDirect (http://www.sciencedirect.com). To this end, the author(s) must confer the copyright to IFAC when they submit the final version of the paper through the paper submission process. The author(s) retain the right to use a copy of the paper for personal use, internal institutional use at the author(s)’ institution, or scholarly posting at an open web site operated by the author(s) or their institution, limited to noncommercial use. Any other use of the paper requires approval by IFAC.